HEALING, EASING AND PREVENTING
Is this you?
• You suffered from acute, agonising back pain and are afraid of a relapse. You have been helped by several back pain specialists but would now like to continue the healing process and get back to an active lifestyle.
• You currently have acute or chronic back pain that is draining and exasperating. You are afraid to move. Pain wakes you up at night and restricts your activities during the day. It prevents you from being as generous and carefree as you would like to be.
• Your favourite sports or activity has started giving you a painful neck or back and you are afraid of having to give it up.
• You are concerned about nagging pain in your back, confused what to do about it and how to prevent it from getting worse.
Back pain is draining and may cause you to feel weak, powerless and debilitated. It is frustrating to worry about your health and feel that you cannot live the full life you would like to live. A general yoga class may contain poses that are counterproductive or even harmful when you have back pain. Forward bends, for example, may exacerbate sciatica and a herniated disc.
Are you ready to keep your back out of pain and feel more ease in your body?
Yoga therapy can help!
Yoga therapy provides you with a well-planned and careful yoga regime to which non-specific lower back pain, scoliosis, facet problems, sciatica and a herniated disc can respond particularly well. It provides exercises to safely stretch and strengthen the necessary muscle groups and to address imbalances and misalignment. You will learn how to work with the breath, which has a calming effect and the amazing power to release physical and emotional tensions. Including the breath also makes the movements rewarding and satisfying. Relaxation techniques and visualisations will help you deal with pain and frustration. Finally, the attention to body and breath allows the mind to focus and relax.
You will receive ‘homework’ and be encouraged to incorporate yoga in your daily life: this includes adopting a good posture, learning which daily movements are best avoided, and what you can do regularly to keep looking after your body and feel better. Imagine that, even though you might experience back pain occasionally, you would know exactly what to do about it. You would not be afraid to move, because you would know which movements to avoid and how to release tightness and pain…
Back Pain Programme:
5 sessions of private yoga therapy
Designed as a support system that can help you:
- get rid of your back pain or manage and reduce it.
- do gentle yoga exercises, relaxation and breathing techniques to release muscle tightness and stress.
- strengthen weaker muscles.
- feel more relaxed.
- feel a greater ease in your body.
- know how to avoid relapses.
- improve your posture.
- do exercises at home. Your yoga home practice will be time and space for yourself, to restore and relax.
Not sure if this is right for you? Contact me for a free consultation session! Let’s discuss your back pain and see if yoga therapy is the right fit for you. Please use the contact page and we can arrange a time for me to call you.